This chapter is a huge help for me because I am one to be
extremely nervous for many situations, especially job interviews. It is very
hard to calm myself down when I know that I have no idea what type of questions
the interviewer is going to ask me and that I feel completely unprepared. But learning
about cover letters and PAR stories helps sooth my mind. Obviously I know the
impact of a resume but that seems like a skeleton on what I am capable of and
my past. But a cover letter actually goes into a little bit more detail on my
qualifications and would help me visualize my qualities so I can vocalize them
when I am put on the spot. Taking it a step further, I love the PAR stories
because they actually force me to prepare to explain a quick story of an attribute
that I have and help put things into context a little bit more to help the
employer understand me better. Learning the significant effect that the
preparation of these two tools have on the interview process really helps lower
my stress and anxiety on future job interviews because I will feel more
prepared.